Thursday, April 2, 2009

GET READY

Duluth is one of those places where winter is slow about releasing its grasp. These pictures were taken on March 31, when we were experiencing high winds (40 mph) and heavy snow. It is hard to believe that the cycle season is a week or two away (for the hearty) when we get these spring storms.

I have been busy on a home project of finishing off our basement, so I can enjoy some of those soon to come warm spring days with the Nobodies. It has been easy to keep the nose to the grind stone, because we have had two weeks of cold, wet, and snowy weather.

The poor weather has also allowed me to finish off my bike maintenance without feeling rushed.
All I have left to do is grease up the bike and then give it a spring cleaning.



I finally got the nerve to adjust the valves. As I expected, it was not too difficult. I think the next time I will be able to do it quicker and with more confidence. When I was able to fire up the bike, I let out a sigh of relief. The engine sounded good. My hope is to start driving my dual sport to work starting Monday April 7.




No comments: