Saturday, March 14, 2009

TEACHING AN OLD DOG NEW TRICKS

Since I purchased my little dual sport bike, I have wanted to get a lesson on riding in the snow. We have a Nobody who is an accomplished dirt biker. Eh was willing to give this old, cautious, rider a lesson.



There are plenty of places around Duluth that offer a winter challenge to a biker. Eh brought me to a couple different places. I have always been a law abiding citizen, but when you get a dual sport one needs to stretch the rules to find a fun ride.

This undisclosed location offered a challenge that was a bit too much for the Old Dog. It required keeping the rpm's up there, which meant going faster than I felt comfortable. Even the thought of hitting the snow scared me.



Eh was gracious, telling me that I did a good job during Snow 101.





All I know is that I lived to ride another day. Maybe I will become an accomplished Snow Rider. If so, it will be a gradual process.




No comments: