Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NOBODIES NOVEMBER RIDE JOURNAL #1

When November comes, my riding days are numbered. My CX 650 has difficulty starting, when the temperature is in the low 30's. My garage usually is about 10 degrees warmer than the outside temperature, so my bike does not object too much in the morning, but when it is time to leave work my bike objects; it is ready for its winter slumber. It is partly due to my battery (third season), but also my starter clutch does not operate very well when it is cold. This may very well be my last week of riding the 650.

MORNING TEMPERATURE A 7:30 AS I LEAVE FOR WORK


We didn't have much of a frost this morning.

When I came home at 5:30, the sun was starting to set. This is main street in Gary New Duluth.



The evening temperature was 50! I think that may be a bit above normal.
To prolong my riding season, I will start riding my 1971 Suzuki TS 125. It is an amazing 2 cycle bike with a kick start. It starts in subzero weather. I will ride until I get scared by ice and snow.

No comments: