Saturday, January 17, 2009

WHEN IT'S 20 BELOW ZERO

What can motorcyclists do when it is 20 below zero outside? In my opinion, they have two choices.

#1. Do some maintenance or repair work on one of their bikes. That is what I did. I had a broken choke cable that needed to be replaced. On my bike it is quite an undertaking which involves taking the seat, tank and carburetors off. I greatly dislike taking the seat off my CX650, as it is tricky getting it reattached. It can take as little as five minutes or as long as an hour to install. Maybe some day I'll figure out the trick.
Kickstand's CX 650 getting some tender loving care



2. You can fire up your bikes and go for a brisk winter ride. That's what Eh did while I toiled. All it takes is mental fortitude, some warm clothes, and a sense of adventure. Actually it doesn't hurt to also have a goofy personality. Well it so happens that Eh has all the necessary attributes to pull off such a winter ride.


Eh's Honda 250 and Suzuki 125 are warming up next to the Nobody Garage

Eh does a few pre-ride adjustments on his Honda 650


Down the famous Garbage Trail



Heading down McGonagle Street
So next time you are inside and complain that there is nothing to do. Remember you have two choices: either do some maintenance/repair work on your bike or take it for a ride.




No comments: