Friday, November 28, 2008

WHY I RIDE A MOTORCYCLE

PICTURED ABOVE IS MY COUSIN STEVE AND ME AT THE DULUTH AIRPORT WITH MY COUSIN SANDY IN THE BACKGROUND. STEVE WENT ON TO FOUND THE FAMOUS PLAID STREET GANG OF SAN FRANCISCO.

When I was 10 years old, I wanted a 7 zipper motorcycle jacket. I didn't know why. I thought they were cool and there was a part of me that wanted to be a "hood". I got my jacket, thanks mom, but I was not cut out to become a "hood".


When I turned 56, I wanted a pair of motorcycle boots. I didn't know why. I thought they were cool and there was a part of me that told me they would open a whole new world to me.


TOM (NOW KNOWN AS KICKSTAND) WONDERING WHAT TO DO NEXT


The summer of 2006, I started riding motorcycles. I didn't know why, but I liked it. It scared me and relaxed me at the same time.


Just last week I discovered a "branch" from my family tree that explained my affinity to leather jackets, boots, motorcycles and "hoods".

MY UNCLE REX LOVED TO RIDE. HE WAS ALSO ABLE TO MULTI TASK WHILE ON A CYCLE


MY GREAT UNCLE HAROLD WAS CONSUMED WITH BIKING AND WAS A GOOD MECHANIC TOO!

MY UNCLE FLOYD (HOLDING BACK A FEISTY KID) LIKED BIKING AND BEING THE LEADER OF THE HELLDEDOGANS; A NOTORIOUS MOTORCYCLE GANG FROM FERTILE MN.

Genetics!
That is why I ride motorcycles.
That is why I am the president of the Nobody Motorcycle Club.
It was my destiny to be a Nobody!

No comments: