Friday, November 21, 2008

RAMDOM THOUGHTS FROM THE PRESIDENT

It's cold outside and I have not ridden my bike for about two weeks. So, I have had plenty of time to think about important Nobody stuff. Diversity has been a catch word for a good 10 years now. In fact at my place of work, every year I need to attend a cultural diversity course. Hey, I not against diversity......how can one be against such a thing. In fact the Nobodies are very diverse. We have men, women, big bikes, little bikes, old, new, and we even allow posers in our group.
You see we have our blue collar lunch pail riders who commute to work every day from April through October. We have our fair weather rides who are out with their nice shinny bikes in their nice clean leathers, and we have our posers who have bikes that hardly ever get out of the garage.
Just consider Smelty for a moment. He rode a KZ 450 faithfully for one season. Then this past spring he decided to get a bigger bike. Oh he looked good on that Virago 920. "This is the bike for me!" he claimed. But it is strange that he has never ridden it to work and only on a few occasions joined me for a ride. He claims that he is having ignition problems. These "problems" continued through the entire biking season. I am starting to believe that Smelty has become a poser. He likes how he looks on his bike. He likes to talk to folks about his bike, but he doesn't want to ride it.
How does one go from being a dedicated every day rider to a stationary driveway look at me poser? I think it is going to take me a few long cold winter nights to figure that out. If you have any ideas please send them my way.

Smelty sitting on his Yamaha ( note the clog footwear)

No comments: