Saturday, January 28, 2012

MOTORCYCLE FEVER

Usually by this time of the winter, I am getting a healthy case of motorcycle fever. The symptoms include: reoccurring dreams of riding a motorcycle on a beach in Australia, wearing my helmet and motorcycle boots in the house, making lists of the new gear I need for the coming season and riding my 125 in the snow.


But this is a different winter for me, rather than trying to survive the fever, I'm dealing with motorcycle doubt. My therapist is using a variety of techniques to help me through this difficult time. Visualization, Rational Emotive Therapy and Regressive Therapy are just a few, while we are experiencing some success, my multiple personalities are still suffering greatly.


I have found the best way to deal with motorcycle doubt is to not think about motorcycling! In the past month, I have been successful in letting go of all motorcycle thoughts. My wife is very pleased with the attention I have give to keeping the house clean, doing my own laundry and shopping. You should see the great dining room set I just purchased. The suppers I have been making this past month have been terrific too! Say does any one have a good recipe for Italian meatballs?

1 comment:

Dave said...

I can tell that's an old picture, because there is snow in it.