Friday, October 1, 2010

ASK KICKSTAND



Ask Kickstand is an email advice column dedicated to motorcycle questions. The questions can be technical regarding mechanical issues, safety related, philosophical, spiritual or relationship issues.
Disclaimer: Kickstand is not a psychiatrist, a professional mechanic, motorcycle safety trainer, pastor or social worker. If readers choose to follow Kickstand's advice it is with the understanding that neither Kickstand nor the Nobody Motorcycle Club will be held liable.
Dear Kickstand,
I am a dedicated Nobody Motorcycle Club blog reader. I have been very concerned about your well being, because you have not been on your blog since July. Are you Ok?
Sincerely,
Loyal Larry
Dear Loyal,
Thanks for your concern. I appreciate your email. Things have been very difficult for the Nobody Motorcycle Club this summer. In early July, we felt the impact of our nation's recession. Our ridership dropped drastically. Instead of hundreds of bikers on our rides we averaged 2.7 per ride, so our revenue dropped by 99.7 percent. I had to layoff all our Nobody staff and close down our office. Our museum and motorcycle retirement home is boarded up. It has been devastating to watch our motorcycle empire shrink before my very eyes. Things have improved ever so slightly due to a modest sum of stimulus money from our government. I have been able to purchase a computer, set up an office in one of the closets in my home and purchase a used digital camera on eBay.
I am now ready to start blogging again, but since I am not able to receive a salary from the Nobody Motorcycle Club I am working six part time jobs and have very little time to guide the club let alone pour time and talent in to this fabulous blog. But I promise you one thing, I will do my very best to keep the Nobodies all over this big wonderful world connected!
Sincerely,
Kickstand

No comments: