Sunday, June 6, 2010

BLESSING OF THE BIKES 2010

Flash Back Gordon, Lizard and I headed out to the Blessing of the Bikes Sunday May 30.


I was rather busy there, as the Vineyard Church asked me to do some tricks while folks were waiting in line for their food.

I am a humble fellow who usually does not like to put on a cycle show........but I dedicated my show to God.



Folks enjoyed a great meal of BBQ sandwiches from Famous Dave's and other good stuff.



I heard there were over 300 bikes at the blessing this year. The weather was a little touch and go for a while in the afternoon, but we were spared the rain.



A blues band (Ham Bone) played some fine music too.





We also offered folks hot dogs and hamburgers.




There were lots and lots of nice bikes

After the service, good food, music and visiting, folks had an opportunity to receive prayer. I guess the bikes are blessed too, but it really is the bikers that received prayer. Why is it called Blessing of the Bikes? Hmm, I really don't know. Maybe a long time ago people just prayed for the bikes and it evolved into praying for people and the name of the event never changed.

No comments: