Thursday, May 13, 2010

THE POTATO RUN

The annual Potato Run was attended by Pretzel and myself. We left Duluth at about 10 am on May 1. It was a cool day in the 40's with a brisk wind.

We stooped by the Nobody Museum to see if Backfire was able to join us for the ride.
He had some work to do on one of the new displays, so he was unable to take the ride.

Pretzel and I were rather angry with him.



We weren't angry very long.


The wind was blowing so hard we had to lean toward the south to hold our ground.





Our first and primary stop was at Duquette. Pretzel was talking to the potatoes........yes he said they answered him.





I took a little jog with the potato that was calling Pretzel names.






Our next stop was 46 miles down Hwy 23 at Lena's Coffee Shop in Askov. We like Lena. She made us some good strong Swedish coffee. We ended up buying some lingenberry plants.







Lena's has a special place. She makes rutabaga shakes. Pretzel had one last year. He claimed I had one too, but I don't remember. When I think real hard, I get a funny look on my face.



This is motorcyclist art.


Pretzel and I got directions on how to get over to Wisconsin using county roads. The directions seem very confusing, but actually got us to Danbury Wisconsin without getting lost or needing to ask for directions.



We ended up riding 160 miles and had a great time. The potatoes did well and are now planted in the garden.
Next year you should consider joining us for this fantastic ride.

No comments: