Friday, July 10, 2009

ELEVENTH HOUR PREPARATION

Pretzel decided that it was time to get his BMW running, after being out of commission for 8 months, because he was planning on riding it on the tour. A broken clutch cable was the issue. Like many repair jobs this was a slow, time consuming affair. But Pretzel and Kickstand got the bike ready.




I am writing this minutes before I leave to meet up with Pretzel and head out on the trip. Smelty and Jawa The Puttz are going to ride up the Northshore of Lake Superior with us for awhile. If I had a lap top I would do some blogging on the road. Since I don't have one, you will need to wait until we return on Friday July 17.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Great ride, Kick and Pretz! I enjoyed riding a few miles with you, but even with my bead seat, I would be a burden on your mileage. I rode with them from Two Harbors to Illgen City. Then I pealed off up MN1 back to my cabin. I love MN1!

Last week, I rode the Habitat 500 bike ride and fund raiser. I had a crash on Thursday, the 100 mile day, and taco'd my front wheel and tweaked my neck along with the usual bruises and raspberries. I was able to get a decent wheel and finish the ride, but I only got 25 miles on the 100 mile day.