Sunday, May 10, 2009

TWO BIT RIDE

KICKSTAND AND JAWA THE PUTTZ READY TO RIDE

It was 42 degrees with a light rain, when all the Nobodies got on their bikes and headed to the starting point of the Two Bit Ride. Jawa, Kickstand and Dirty Deed came in from the western part of Duluth, while other Nobodies headed in from other points. Jawa rode down from Ely Mn. the day before. " I missed this ride last year and I regretted it the entire cycle season", explained Jawa. " This year I was determined to participate."


JAWA AND DIRTY DEEDS WAITING FOR THE OTHER RIDERS
We were anticipating 6 - 8 riders, but for some reason only three showed up. I don't know if it was the cold or the rain. Maybe it was the combination of cold and rain. The good news was and is that numbers mean absolutely nothing to the Nobodies. In fact, some of my favorite group rides have been the ones I've done by myself!

LIKE DUCKS IN THE WATER
Dirty Deeds rode the first leg of the ride, then common sense kicked in and she headed to the warmth of her house. Jawa and I have never had much common sense. We ended up riding 100 miles together.

CARLTON MN. LUNCH AND WARM UP TIME
If you are not familiar with the Two Bit Ride. Each participant starts with $10.00. Throughout the ride there are various stops in which one is instructed to make a purchase, such as buy some thing to hang on your bike or buy some thing to drink. The object of the ride is to have exactly $.25 left at the end of the ride. The only information give to the participants was that they would be purchasing five items.






THESE PICTURES WERE TAKE NEAR THOMPSON MN. AT THE SAINT LOUIS RIVER

The final leg of our ride was through Jay Cooke State Park. It is a very scenic and cycle sensational road to ride. Jawa and I tied for last place, as we both spent $11.80. I have never been very good at math and since Jawa retired he has been throwing money around like there is no tomorrow.

1 comment:

Dave said...

It was a fun ride and I got to be in lots of pictures. I got to be cold and wet and then get warm after. You just can't get that on a couch.